Sunday, December 6, 2020

Sunday Stealing - Best Things to Talk About

 Welcome to Sunday Stealing - hosted by Bev Sykes.

Best Things to Talk About

1. What is the craziest, most outrageous thing you want to achieveMoving to Maine.

2. Have your parents influenced what goals you haveI would have to say my mom. She meant well, but she always made me feel like I would never accomplish anything. 

3. What is a fashion trend you’re glad went away. Does anything ever really go away? 

4. What word or saying from the past do you think should come back? LOL! It would take me all day to list words that should still be in use. 

5. What do you bring with you everywhere you go? Water. I have to have a water bottle with me at all times.

6.
 Is there such a thing as a soul? Absolutely.

7. Is there life after death? I would like to believe there is. I guess I won't know until I actually experience it. My neighbor once told me that he wanted to be reborn a sparrow. He passed away in 2004, and now I have to wonder at every sparrow that I see if it is my neighbor coming to call. 

8. Do you think there will ever be a third world war? Yes. Yes I do. There will be a war like we have never seen.

9. What smell brings back great memories? Fresh baked bread. I was born and raised in Fort Worth, Texas and oh how I miss the smell of Mrs. Baird's Bakery!! You could smell it for miles. It was absolutely wonderful!

10. How would you like to be remembered? For my honesty and kindness. As someone who would always be there, even when they were not there for me.

11. What kind of music are you into? The question should be what kind of music am I not into. 😁 My taste in music varies, but my favorite is Classical music.

12. What is the biggest surprise of your life? Homeschooling. I never thought of myself as being "the" educator, but when the public school system failed my daughter - it was time. This is my seventh year to homeschool, and my last. My son graduated in 2018 and my daughter is graduating a year early. The years go by too fast!!

13. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? Steak. 

14. Where is the most awe inspiring place you have been? In July of 2018, I told my husband I was going to pick a place on the US map and we were going there on our next vacation. I chose Bangor, Maine, and that September we flew up there. I white-knuckled that armrest on both flights. LOL. But even the beauty flying over was enough for me to let go and look out the window. Those two weeks have stayed with me for the past couple of years and when the chance comes, we are selling what we have, and moving. I can still taste the crisp, clean air and when I close my eyes, I can see the pines and the beautiful colors in my mind. In four hours, you could be sitting in New Hampshire having lunch. In three hours, looking at Canada!! In an hour at the beach. Yeah, Texas is "blah" to me now and I despise the heat these days. It takes FIVE HOURS just to get to the Gulf of Mexico here in Texas. 







I can't believe I was this close to PEI and I didn't have a passport. That would have changed travel plans in a heartbeat!!



8 comments:

  1. I've never been to Maine, but man, I really want to go. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't traveled much, especially not further up the eastern coast, until this trip. It is absolutely gorgeous and I didn't want to leave. LOL.

      Delete
  2. Really enjoyed your answers.
    When I flew, my favorite thing was to look down on the land.
    Maine is a great state to get to see, and has 5 mountains that everyone can climb.
    Another home schooler! Isn’t it great? I home schooled my two youngest for two years to avoid jr. high. I would have loved to do it until they graduated. All my kids would have been better off being home schooled. It was illegal to do that long ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I realized my fear of heights when I joined the military and during training had to climb way too high and repel down walls. LOL! Of course it has been years, but it stuck with me. The mountains are spectacular, but I don't think I will be climbing any soon. 😄 Homeschooling has worked wonders for my kiddos, although Texas is one of the most lax homeschool states. They don't even require Science or History! When I started homeschooling, I did everything myself - from making my own curriculum (which included Science and History), report cards, transcripts, school colors, etc. I haven't tried to pull the statistics of homeschoolers now, but I guarantee it has risen since this pandemic. Whew. It has been exciting and in a way I am sad to see it end.

      Delete
  3. Your description of Maine now has me wanting to go visit. I almost moved to Texas at one point but was glad when we changed our minds-not that there isn't beauty in the desert, but I have lived in one too long to want to appreciate another one. Currently in Washington State-It's mostly nice but would like some blue skys again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! It is absolutely gorgeous there. I used to be such a lake and beach girl during the summers here in Texas, but now - I would rather move up NE and spend time in colder weather and actually enjoy seasons! After my husband's TBI, he cannot really handle the heat these days, so we are really hoping we can move and head that direction.

      Delete
  4. Maine looks beautiful. I usually have water with me all the time too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I didn't want to leave!! And we were right at the changing of the colors for Fall! The NE states are very pretty in the Fall, which is my favorite time of year. I have carried water with me everywhere since my military days. In fact, there are times that I will actually panic if I do not have water. Crazy huh? 🙂

    ReplyDelete