Friday, January 15, 2021

Friday Five - Double

 It's time for Friday Five! I keep missing my Fridays, so you get the last two weeks! 😁


January 15th - Groovy, Rad, Lit

1. Which slang term from your youth, no longer in common use, do you remember fondly? LOL! "Talk to the Hand!" and "What's Your Damage?!"

2. What slang do you still use, ‘though it’s no longer in common use? Um, "Not Even!" I don't hear it much. 

3. Which current (or sorta recent) slang terms do you particularly like? Since I play quite a few online games (with and without my kiddos) and several have chat enabled, I hear slang constantly. I remember a few years back asking my daughter what a certain word meant and she "LOL'd me. Yeah, I have picked up quite a few terms. Lit and Salty are my faves I suppose. 

4. Which slang terms, past or present, do you especially dislike? OMG! I absolutely despise hearing "Baby Mama" or "Baby Daddy". 

5. What slang terms are specific to your geographical region? Well, I live in Texas, y'all so a big Howdy! LOL! Bless Your Heart!  😄


January 8th - Watching My Figure

1. What are some figurines you own? Well, not many really. I do have some Santas around the world that my mom had started collecting. I am going to start collecting the diecast metal Nano Minecraft figures though. LOL.

2. What are you trying to figure out? Trying to figure out how the heck we are going to make it from Texas to Maine - permanently. 

3. Two circles or one continuous motion: how do you write the figure 8? 
Two circles like a snowman. LOL! I remember in school my teacher reprimanding me on drawing my figure 8's from the wrong direction. I still stuck with circles! 😋

4. How do you feel about Fig Newtons? Um. Not a fan. They taste like flavored cardboard. 

5. What’s a good metaphor to describe your first week of 2021? Grabbing the bull by the horn. LOL! Trying to stay positive!



3 comments:

  1. LOL. Well, I am not exactly a fan. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh. Gamer slang is a whole category I hadn't even thought of. I always liked pwned from that culture. I wonder if it's still being used of if by now they've moved on to qwned.

    ReplyDelete