Sunday, June 27, 2021

Sunday Stealing - Get 2 Know U

Welcome to Sunday Stealing - hosted by Bev Sykes. Thanks for the questions each week, Bev!!
It's been a while since I participated.

 Getting to know you...

1. Do you like or dislike surprises? Why or why not? I am not really a fan of surprises. I am the type of person that wants to know what to expect. I don't like unexpected visits or surprise parties, meetings, etc. Now, gifts ... that is different.

2. In the evening, would you rather play a game, visit a relative, watch a movie, or read? That all depends on my mood. LOL! There are days where I just want to kick back and curl up with my book and listen to classical music. Then I have days when I can chill for hours playing games with my kids or watching a movie or two. Not too keen on visiting relatives right now.

3. Would you rather vacation in Hawaii or Alaska, and why? Oh wow. I would love to vacation in both Hawaii and Alaska! I would love to see the beautiful waters and beaches in Hawaii, and the snow-capped mountains in Alaska. My in-laws took an Alaskan cruise one year and the pictures they took were absolutely gorgeous.

4. Would you rather win the lottery or work at the perfect job? And why? I think I would rather win the lottery. A perfect job would be nice, too. Money doesn't equate to happiness, but at least you would be able to buy the things you need. Since my husband had to medically retire, things have been a bit tough around here.

5. If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to? I know most will find this crazy, but I would 💙 to go back to 8th/9th century (801 AD-900 AD). I have always been fascinated by The Vikings, Saxon England, etc.

6. Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without? Water. I will actually panic if I do not have a bottle of water close by.

7. How many pairs of shoes do you own? LOL. I literally own only three pairs of shoes. My running shoes, a pair of sandals, and a pair of tan canvas slip ons.  

8. What would you do if you won the lottery? Move to Maine, buy a house, a brand new car, and enjoy the many new adventures that would come.

9. What form of public transportation do you prefer? (air, boat, train, bus, car, etc.) Um, I prefer to drive myself, or let hubby drive.

10. What's your favorite zoo animal? Elephants! I absolutely love these amazing creatures!

Rasha (Asian Elephant) painting at the Fort Worth Zoo

11. If you could go back in time to change one thing, what would it be? I have a few things that I would have done differently. But if things had not gone down the path they did, I would have never met my husband, who gave me my two beautiful awesome kids!!

12. How many pillows do you sleep with? Two. I only have two pillows. 

13. What's the longest you've gone without sleep (and why)? Probably when my husband was hospitalized after his Traumatic Brain Injury. He was in ICU for two days, then moved to a room for a couple of more. I caught a few 💤 here and there, but I know it was over 48 hours those first few days.

14. What's the tallest building you've been to the top in? Years ago, my sister took me to Reunion Tower in Dallas, Texas. 

15. What are your hobbies? I am an avid reader of historical fiction and romance, love gaming, and researching history. I don't watch much TV, but there are a few series that I keep up with - The Last Kingdom, Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir, and Cobra Kai.

 

8 comments:

  1. I could use your answer to #1--it's what I tried to articulate. And which part of Maine would you live in? I'm in the far northern part, affectionately known as The County.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we flew in, we landed in Bangor, which is where we stayed since it was more centralized and I wanted to visit Stephen King's house. I actually like Bangor, and the surrounding areas were easy to navigate. =D I just love the scenery and the air is so much cleaner and crisp! We ended up in Lubec at Quoddy and it was beautiful! I can't believe I was so close to PEI and I didn't have my passport!! Far north - are you in Aroostook?

      Delete
  2. I love historical fiction too. Loved your answers! Have a nice day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I read more historical fiction these days then I used to. I used to be stuck on just reading historical romance only. LOL! =D

      Delete
  3. I read some historical fiction. Some of it is better written than others. Welcome back to Sunday Stealing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are definitely right. Some is better written than others. Thanks! =)

      Delete
  4. We have a lot of similar answers. I am a big elephant lover too. I love seeing them, but feel guilty if they are in a zoo. Elephants need a family, not a zoo. I also feel the same way about water. And you have more shoes than I do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I love the elephants, both Asian and African, and I actually have to agree with you - I don't like seeing any animals in a zoo, but I will admit, they have come a long long way on how they design them now. I remember cages at our zoo and then very small habitats. I have two very dear friends that live in South Africa and they have shared pictures with me of the beautiful elephants, as well as other animals. Very crazy to see a lion just walking on the side of the road. LOL!

      Delete