Tuesday, November 9, 2021

A little update...

Hope everyone who celebrates had a safe and fun Halloween! 🎃 I think we had over 100 kids stop by to trick-or-treat. It was nice seeing them out in their costumes since they missed out last year because of this crazy pandemic. 

School is going well. I wish I could pick up the pace because I feel like I am behind but I am getting there. I currently have a 4.0 GPA and my grades are high 90s. I just started English Comp I. Oh my gosh, I have always despised English Comp. LOL! I am not much of a writer mainly because I can have all these cool thoughts, but the minute I try to put them down - I draw a BLANK! This should be fun. NOT! I have also been trying to concentrate on finding employment. Yes, there are tons of jobs out there, especially in retail and fast food - but I need something that is going to be stable and consistent. Not necessarily a full-time with full benefits type of job (although this would be ideal), but something where I will have consistent hours and a schedule that does not bebop me back and forth between mornings and evenings. I do not want a job where I go into work and get sent home because we are 'slow'. 

I had put in an application for an APS Administrative Assistant II working for the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services. I landed an interview, which I suppose went well, as I received an email stating they would like to offer me the position pending a background check, etc. 👏 I have sent in all of my paperwork and I am currently in a 'hurry up and wait' position. It is driving me bonkers!!! This is a salaried position, 40 hours a week plus, Monday-Friday (pending emergencies), with full benefits and retirement. Are you kidding me?? Why would I not take this? This would be one of our prayers answered!! So, I am praying that this pans out. The only requirement that I could not meet was three employment references. Please send some good vibes my direction!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, the new job sounds great, we're sending. good vibes for it all to work out!

    ReplyDelete