Saturday, June 11, 2022

To clean or not to clean...

I really do need to make posting a daily habit. I used to tell myself that I was going to do this just so I could go back through posts and remember what I did that week, month, or year. LOL! Yeah, that hasn't panned out for me. Between working full-time now, getting housework and laundry done, hanging with my family, gaming with my kids and friends online, and trying to stay sane - it's 11 pm before I know it and it's time to go to bed and start the day over.

It seems like I have been working Switchboard non-stop, and that is only because Norberto (he makes the Switchboard calendar) put my days towards the end of May and then my days for June the first week. 😮 There are five Admins and all of us work three full days each month on Switchboard, and three one hour days for lunch coverage. One of the CPS Admins swapped a day with me so that helped a bit. But finally - FINALLY I was able to get in our Silver Star Room and go through the many boxes that were just stacked about. DFPS has quite a few resource rooms around our state that are a big help to our Adult Protective Services caseworkers in providing goods to assist their clients. Silver Star Rooms are resource rooms that are set up like a store where caseworkers can find basic necessities and emergency resources vulnerable adults who have been abused and/or neglected. This includes things like dietary supplements, adult diapers, and toiletries. We have an overabundance of so many toiletry items that I think we can start putting together some items for our clients. My supervisor said they did this in the past. Well, I think it's time we brought it back. 😊 Plus, it would rotate out the donations being brought in. I also found 11 boxes of baby wash and shampoo, which I am sending over to CPS side. It took me two days to get everything swapped around and organized. My supervisors even decided to help me out the last few hours while we were waiting for our commissioner, who ended up not being able to visit. I think we did a pretty good job! Still have a bit of work re-arranging on shelves to do but at least you can walk inside the door now. LOL!




No comments:

Post a Comment