Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Tuesday 4

 Welcome to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4. We offer you 4 questions weekly to get you blogging, visiting and  learning about yourself and other bloggers. The more people join in, the merrier and the better it


Yesterday was the day after Christmas and the final day of Hanukkah. There are only a few days left in 2022... Let's talk about it.

1. Many stay home  and even go to bed early on New Year's Eve. What are your plans and do you have reasons for what you do? Years back, I used to go out on New Year's Eve with friends. My husband and I had a favorite spot to hang out at in the early days before kids. Now, we just pick up a couple of sparkling ciders, some brew, maybe a bottle of champagne, and kick back at the house and bring in the new year.

2. Guy Lombardo was a traditional fixture on TV and then Dick Clark and his Rockin' New Years Eve took over. People ate certain foods, bayberry candles were burned for luck. It seems that lately tradition, and not just for New Year, is being forgotten and lost on so many fronts. What traditions in life are important to you and remain steadfast in your life? I remember watching Guy Lombardo and Dick Clark. I have carried on a few Christmas and New Year traditions from my childhood. We always watch the ball drop on New Year's Eve and ring in the new year with a toast.

3. The New Year is often a time to reflect on what has transpired and many make resolutions in an effort to improve their life. Do you count the cost of time and tradition in your life? How do you handle good times and bad times and do you forge ahead or get mired down? I never make resolutions because they are too easy to break. Every day begins anew with a fresh start. The last few years have been extremely hard on my family, but we just keep moving forward.

4. In ancient Israel, the new liturgical year began in the Spring with Passover.. a new beginning.  The Civil year calendar began on Rosh Hashana and 2022-23 is the year 5783 on the Hebrew calendar as of September. How important is the liturgical calendar in your life? Do you take notice of religious holidays and times? Are the holidays more religious or secular for you and your family? My husband and I were both raised Southern Baptist. His grandfather was actually a pastor and had a small church, and my grandfather was a deacon. I shied away from the church during my middle school years when my parents quit attending. My husband and I stepped away from both churches because of family, but our kids were brought up with the true meaning of religious holidays.


4 comments:

  1. Hi Jen, I enjoyed my visit here and found your website. I have one too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Susan! I think I have visited your website. Very nice!

      Delete
  2. My hubby and I also come from Southern Baptist parents, and some preachers here and there. i love my Baptist roots although we don't attend a Baptist Church. Important thing is a relationship with Christ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I believe that is the most important as well.

      Delete