Thursday, June 22, 2023

Titan found...

This week has me numb and heartbroken. Not just work related, but because of Titan. Everyone who knows me, knows that I have always had a fascination for the RMS Titanic and the history that surrounds her. Heck, I love ships in general!! I have followed most of the dives, have watched numerous documentaries and listened to Paul-Henry (P.H.), Bob Ballard, J.C., and many others, speak about this ocean liner for decades. 😐

I probably slept about three hours last night, and then my husband texted me to tell me that Victor had arrived on scene to deploy, and then I couldn't sleep at all. Time had run out. Even with Victor headed down to the wreck, there was no way he would have been able to get FADOSS attached and ready for pull up. And then we find out that one of the ROV's found a debris field. My heart just sank because that could only mean one thing. 😔 The RMS Titanic wreck has claimed more souls and the irony is not lost on me. When is mankind going to learn? The warnings were there then, and the warnings were here now - and yet look where we are. I pray for the families and the many friends and followers out there. And I pray for Wendy, who is the great-great-granddaughter of the Strauss'. The blessing is that death was instantaneous. 





1 comment: