Saturday, January 20, 2024

Tears today

I was devastated to learn of a friend's unexpected and sudden passing from his dad today. 😔 He lived in Ramsey, Isle of Man and was only 43 years old. So young! It's been over twenty years since I signed up to be a member of a Titanic site that would lead me to a group of people, mostly across the pond, that shared my interest in the RMS Titanic. We would all hit the forums and post daily. There was a specific area called Cafe Parisien that was for the TT community and this is where we became friends. To name a few - Andy (moderator), Rose, Jo, Clayton, Matthew, Lynnet, Steven, Braniff, Hafizia, and I am sure there were a few others. So many years ago!!! So many memories. We lost Steven several years ago. My husband and I had planned a meet up to go eat lunch one weekend. It was to be us, Steven and Braniff. We were going to meet at Bennigan's. Then news comes to us that Steven had been in a car accident and didn't make it. We never got to meet for lunch. The site is no longer and Andy went on to do other things. A few of us managed to reconnect via Facebook and have kept in contact since.

Needless to say, the things I thought I was going to get done today didn't get done. My heart has been heavy. Matthew and I were messaging back and forth after the Texas Rangers won the World Series. That was an awesome day. We messaged after Christmas and he was sharing his statistics for rugby.  When the Dallas Cowboys lost, he immediately started in with the crazy memes. LOL! He was so smart and funny. Autism was something that Matthew and my daughter had in common and he was amazing with stats!!! I am going to miss his messages.

 



 



It's hard to process. I have so many people that I have met online through the years that I call friends. Probably more so than in real life, actually. Prayers and condolences to my friend's family in this time of need. May God keep you all and comfort you. 💗

 

No comments:

Post a Comment