Saturday, March 9, 2024

Winds of change...

Thursday we had our unit meeting. A lot of stuff needed to be discussed with the workers, as quite a few things have been changing and being implemented. We lost Maria back in November and we just lost Mandy this past January as she became a Worker V.

Now I am losing my supervisor. 😕 She announced that she has taken a position with CLOE, which is our learning and training area. She will be on a team that puts together the trainings for the workers. I knew last year when she had taken FMLA that she was not happy. When she extended her leave, I expected her to come back to tell us she was leaving at that time. She returned in mid-August and a few months later was hit with a PA switch. This did not sit well. Her last day with us with be the 15th. We are having a good-bye lunch that Friday. While I am bummed to see her leave, I do understand and I wish her well. I will miss having her as my supervisor though. It's just sad. Just a year ago, we had the best unit in Tarrant County and now there is not much left of my unit. Two tenured workers are gone and we have two new workers that we are still not sure will stay.

No clue who is going to be the next supervisor for my unit. It could really be anyone. My supervisor and I got along very well and bounced off one another in a good way. She understands everything going on in my household and always gave the green light to work from home if needed. I don't like uncertainty and I am trying hard to not let anxiety over run my thoughts.


No comments:

Post a Comment