Monday, September 23, 2024

I'm back - Happy Fall!

It's been a while since I posted. I took a bit of a hiatus from my blog. I had some issues with my personal family website host, which is where quite a few of my images I use for my blog are stored. While trying to change my plan from bi-annually to monthly, I was not able to update and publish my website. Thankfully everything is resolved and my website is back online and updated. I have always had some kind of website since the days of Geocities. LOL. 😄

Check it out if you want at https://www.jens-chaos.com/.

With that said, Happy Fall! It's my favorite time of year and the temps have indeed dropped here in Texas, which I am enjoying very much. The humidity is still up a bit, but at least it is not 100 degrees outside.



Work is going okay I guess. Now don't get me wrong, I love my job! It's just that things are not as smooth as they used to be. The last year has been quite the headache. I will never understand the "it's just a job" aspect because I put my heart and soul into my work. Working with other people that do not have the same passion as I do makes for rough time, especially when you are supposed to be working as a team. Let's just say that I have a way different set of work ethics.

My family is doing well. Now. We are just getting over this new variant of Covid. We have no clue how it came to be in our house. I can't say if I brought it home from work or if the hubby picked it up out shopping. I got sick and ended up going to the doctor but I refused to be tested. The symptoms that I was battling were more allergy than anything.🤧But then my son started feeling ill and then my husband got sick. He visited doctor and tested positive for Covid. Then our daughter started feeling bad. Now we all live in the same house and I think it is safe to say that Covid is here. This was the FIRST time and we have tested negative for it since the beginning. It's been crazy though. Taste is off. Smell is off. Everything tastes blah! And this cough that I still have needs to go!! I was off work for almost two weeks. I was made to take off because they would not let me work from home. I blame the other admins for that, but that is another story.

Today, I took the day off at my supervisor's request for my Birthday! 🥳 I am just going to clean up a bit and kick back. Normally my husband would make my favorite dinner - spaghetti and meatballs - but since our taste is off, He said lets do it another night. I do want to be able to enjoy my food but I don't think my taste is as off as his. I hope I can at least taste my birthday cake! 🎂


No comments:

Post a Comment