Thursday, October 3, 2024

On the mend and back to work

To say that I haven't been stressing here lately would be an understatement. This new variant of Covid kicked me down and I have been on another regimen of antibiotics fighting bacterial bronchitis. Trying to work, get well, and worrying constantly about what is going on at the house does not mix. I always said when my kids were older, that I would return working outside of the home. I just didn't expect to carry worry like my mother.  I worry the most about my husband when he is out and about because while he is able to do most things still, his memory has been scaring me a little bit lately. I will tell him something and then a few days later, he will come back and say, "Oh, I heard this the other day," not remembering that I actually told him that. 😕

I really enjoy my job but today was just meh. I have been trying to get caught up on things when I had to take off. I was already behind on my PCS Reports but I did get caught up but I still have September to do.  I had to route today for another admin, because her backup took off again. This is the second week in a row that this admin has taken off. Last week, she took off three days -  and actually labeled them personal days - during her routing week. I have never taken off on my routing week. That is why we have a schedule, so you can schedule days around it. I was made to take off the last two days during my routing week by my PA. I could have easily worked from home, but they refused that request. We already lost one of our remote days, and I think it is just a matter of time before we lose the other. So this afternoon, between routing cases as I was discussing some things with the supervisor of my other unit, one of my new workers came around to my cubicle. She had a law enforcement letter that needed to be mailed and a lot of paperwork with it. I asked her about the extra paperwork (including a cover letter that I had emailed my supervisor the day before about, which she hadn't see before either) and was given this look which I took as meaning 'why am I asking her this because I should know' and told me that I just needed to mail it out for her. She wasn't rude but her tone made me feel like she was asserting herself over me. Sure I can mail this letter. I mail them all the time. I have mailed them since I began this job almost three years ago. It doesn't change the fact that now we are mailing out externals with these letters and no one was nice enough to inform the admin. In fact in the letter, it states documents can be mailed if requested. So, I said "Okay, not a problem, I just wish they would tell us, and this is not at you, but they need to tell us when something changes so we know. I have never mailed out externals with any of these letters before." She actually had two letters and different documents for each, which confused me, but I got it and they both got mailed out. The communication between people, and I am including upper management too, at my job is horrible these days. It makes things more difficult when we are not on the same page. 😶



No comments:

Post a Comment