Friday, April 16, 2021

Friday Five - Aca-scuse me?

  It's time for Friday Five!

1. In What way you have recently been rebellious? LOL. I left those days behind a long time ago. 😂

2. What fond memories do you have of camping out? I haven't been 'camping' since my military days! One of my fondest has to be during Army Basic Combat Training when we were on Bivouac (camping military style). During training, we always had to have our weapon with us, and this means even at night. My Drill Sergeant tried to steal my weapon, but thankfully I had my sling wrapped around my arm. LOL! It was quite funny. The following pic is out of one of the training manuals. 


3. When did you last have a snow cone, or something similar?
Gosh, I haven't had an actual snow cone in a couple of years. We used to have this little snow cone stand down the street and they had the best snow cones. Now ice cream is something that we constantly have on hand. We buy our milk from this store called Braum's, and we always end up with ice cream sandwiches and bars to stock the fridge.

4. Where do you have difficulty fitting in? Where do you easily fit in? Well, being the parent of a child with special needs seems to definitely affect real life friendships, even for the adult. Parents of neurotypical children tend to shy away from those of us that have kids that are considered 'neuro-diverse'. My daughter has Autism and General Anxiety Disorder. She has always had a hard time making friends and fitting in, which made me feel like an outsider trying to fit in with other moms. If the friendship with the child didn't work, then most of the time the friendship with the adult didn't either. At least that has been my experience. Now, I have managed to make a ton of friends online with some of these friendships lasting over 20 years. I am in a couple of mom groups relating to books and gaming, and I am also part of a Minecraft community that supports kids and families with Autism.

5. How do you feel about bananas? I usually have to be in the right frame of mind to eat bananas. Because I have been trying to eat healthier and exercise, they are part of my daily diet now. I try to find them on the small side, and they have to be greenish yellow. Perfect ripeness! Not to hard to eat, and not chewy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment