Sunday, April 18, 2021

Sunday Stealing - From Facebook

It has been a while since I participated in a Sunday Stealing. Things have been a bit hectic and before I know it, Sundays have come and gone. LOL! I have been gaming a lot lately. My son built his first gaming computer system from the ground up. What a great 21st Birthday present! I am hoping some time in the future, he can help me put together one as well. ☺️

 

 Welcome to Sunday Stealing - hosted by Bev Sykes.
Thanks Bev!!

From FACEBOOK

1. The best story your parents or grandparents tell about the good ole days. My Papaw (my mom's dad) used to tell me the story of the great chase. 😄 Evidently, my Nannie took dating to one serious level, and she definitely wanted to know exactly which man was going to "suit" her. My Papaw said she led him on a merry 'ol chase for months before she finally decided he was the one out of five. I sure do miss my parents and my grandparents.

2. The best things in life are ... waking up and my family.

3. Things that drive me batty. Ignorant and callous people. This has to be the worst thing that is driving me absolutely crazy at the moment. This pandemic has really opened my eyes.

4. A place I'd like to live and why. Somewhere that is not as hot as Texas. LOL!

5. The best thing I've ever found. Well, I would have to say my hubby. Without him, I wouldn't have the two beautiful not-so-little kiddos I have. My family is everything. 💖

6. The best thing that happened recently is. Hearing from our attorney that SSA is FINALLY working on our paperwork.

7. I admire people who ... are kind and courteous. Those out there that still believe in morals and values. 

8. What makes me special. That would be a great question for my husband and kids! 🥰

9. I am looking forward to ... just living LIFE day to day.

10. Things that scare me. A lot of things can be scary. Right now, a huge fearful thought that keeps rising up in my head is that something happening to my daughter. She was diagnosed with Autism right before her 3rd birthday. She is now 17 and was diagnosed with GAD back in November. Her Anxiety has only worsened and she is on three types of meds at the moment. We are waiting for her May appointment to get in to the cardiologist and a referral to see Neuro.

11. Complaints I have. Too many! Top of the list - those that believe this virus does not exist. So, what has killed over 3 million people worldwide?

12. I could never live without ...Water, Coffee, and books!

13. Things that make me laugh ... spending time with my family at home! I enjoy kicking back gaming with my kiddos, or watching a movie/series together. After my husband's TBI, he likes to spend a lot of time outside, and I will sit outside with him, usually at night, and we can just sit back and talk about the days.

14. What is a new skill that you would like to learn? Well, I do wish I was more creative and crafty. I am getting ready to put together two shadow boxes for my daughter. One for cheer, and the other for Girl Scouts. I guess I will see how 'skilled' I get. LOL!

15. What brightened your day today? Grabbing my cup of coffee, and then hearing "Good morning, mummy." My daughter might be 17 years old, but having Autism makes her childish nature shine. And I would NEVER change it!!



7 comments:

  1. I have always wished I were more crafty, too. But alas, I am all thumbs when it comes to such thing. I hope your daughter will be ok.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had always wanted to get into scrap booking at one time. That never happened. Thank you!

      Delete
  2. I considered adding "more crafty" too but that's something you have to "have," not learn.

    I was in Texas once in the summer and was assured it's no problem because you go fro an air conditioned house to an air conditioned car to an air conditioned store. They didn't tell me that the humidity was so high that if you wear glasses as soon as you leave the air conditioned car your glasses fog up so badly you can't see to GET to the air conditioned store. Also, I was amazed that it doesn't cool down at night. At 3 a.m. it's still as hot as it was in the afternoon. No way to get away from it! I'm glad I live in California.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, the humidity here is nuts. LOL. I have always lived in Texas, except when I was stationed in Columbia, SC at Fort Jackson. But it was humid there too! Never been out west. Maybe one day. I would love to live up NE.

      Delete
  3. #11--I feel like I have too many complaints, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree! I see so much to complain about, and then I have to put my self in check and think about the world as a whole. Vicious circle! LOL!

      Delete
  4. Steamy weather is not that good for anything but your complexion.
    #7. Yesssss. We are going through a very big EYE opener as a country. Just when we need the courtesies and kindness of putting others first, some of us are showing entitlement and worse.

    ReplyDelete