Sunday, August 29, 2021

Sunday Stealing - One Direction Asks

  Welcome to Sunday Stealing - hosted by Bev Sykes. Thanks for the questions Bev!



1. Are you a Jeopardy fan?  Who do you want to replace Alex Trebeck? I used to watch Jeopardy all the time years ago! Loved Alex Trebeck, and no one can ever really replace him! It appears that Jeopardy is still in need of a host and I think LeVar Burton would be great!

2. What’s your favorite horror film? Stephen King's IT hands down. The original series was awesome! I am not a fan of the remake and of course, the book is always better!!

3. Are you a possessive person? No. I can be possessive about objects, but not really people.

4. Who’s your idol? I always thought of my dad as my idol, especially when I was a little girl. I followed in his footsteps when I enlisted in the military and he always supported me in whatever I chose to do, even if he didn't fully agree.

5. List five things you can’t live without. Gotta love expressions and idioms! Five things I can't "live" without:

  • water
  • coffee
  • my computer
  • books
  • tacos

6. Where do you feel home? Home has always been Texas but I am so tired of the heat and humidity. When we flew to Maine a couple of years ago, I was dead set on moving. I want to be close to the ocean and close to things that I enjoy, like FALL, which seems to just skip over us here. Honestly, I take the phrase "Home is where the heart is" literally.

7. What are your three best qualities? I have always considered myself to be a nice person. I am honest, brutally so to be exact. I think this comes across to some people that I am harsh and mean. But I am not. I am loyal and I have always stood up for friends and family, even when they stabbed me in the back. I am empathetic, which is sorely lacking in today's society.

8. Name three things that make you happy. I would say my husband and kids, my pets, and my computer, Max.Yes, I named my computer. LOL.

9. What helps you when you’re feeling down? Tuning in to my favorite classical music station and reading, or playing a war game. It honestly depends on my mood. 😀

10. Which big cities have you been to?Dallas is probably the biggest city that I have visited.

11. What’s your favorite love story? ( Book, film, etc. ) My favorite book love story is the Skye O'Malley saga by Bertrice Small.

12. Talk about the best concert you ever attended. Metallica LIVE!!! In Dallas at Reunion Arena in 1989! What a crazy night and I can't believe I didn't end up in jail. LOL!

13. What’s one thing you don’t ever want to change? My daughter's Autism. You near about trying to find a cure and all of that, but I would never want to "cure" her. She is the most amazing, loving, and caring person! 💗

14. What scares you? I am definitely scared of heights. I found that out when I enlisted in the military. LOL! So much for wanting to go Airborne! 

15. What are three things you want to do before you die? I would love to visit Scotland and Ireland, and my friends in South Africa! I don't think that will ever happen. LOL. But I do hope to make it to Halifax to visit the Titanic cemetery and I would love to go to PEI! 

 

2 comments:

  1. I suspect that while you would love fall in Maine, winter would have you wishing you were back in Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I don't know. I think they get "real" snow up there while we just kinda get ICE, and that last ice storm here was crazy. We had no water for weeks! =D But the temps would take some time to get used to.

    ReplyDelete