Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Wednesday Hodgepodge #437

It's Wednesday Hodgepodge day and this is my first time participating!! 😊 Thank you Joyce for these questions! To join click the button below.

 

1. What obligation do you believe you have to your country? Once a soldier, always a soldier.


 
 2. October 12 was National Farmers Day? Do you know any farmers? What do they farm/grow/raise? Are there any farm stands where you live? Do you shop there? I do not personally know any farmers but we have a really nice Farmer's Market that we visit quite often. I love the fresh veggies, fruits, and pecans that we can buy!! My grandfather had a huge garden when I was a little girl. Every Saturday afternoon I would go with my mom to visit and we would go pick fresh vegetables. One of my favorite memories of my mom is snapping fresh green beans ans shucking corn.

3. What's a skill you think everyone should have? Tell us why? Life Skills! I pulled my kids out of public school in 2013 to homeschool and never looked back! Personal finance, home economics, using tools, civics, etc., were all part of the curriculum that I put together for the last eight years. My son graduated in 2018 and my daughter graduated this past August a year early.

4. Favorite thing you've purchased this year? Well, it's not exactly a thing - but a program that me and my daughter are enjoying together called Frontier Girls. It is similar to Girl Scouts, but not an organization and it's for all ages! We are having a lot of fun earning badges and learning together!


 

5. What's your favorite place to visit in the fall? A few years back we had the opportunity to take a vacation to Maine. My favorite season is FALL and since it was September already, the colors were already changing everywhere. It was so beautiful!!! 


 

6. Insert your own random thought here. I cannot believe we are already into the month of October and I have yet to decorate for Halloween! It is FALL and we are finally seeing our temps fall here in Texas and the trees are starting to lose their leaves. 


6 comments:

  1. Good for you for pulling your kids out of public schools to homeschool them. Hubby and I were just in Texas for a few days visiting my brother's family in Dallas. Happy Hodgepodge to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely an adventure trying to find that perfect fit! =) Happy Hodgepogde!

      Delete
  2. Welcome to the Hodgepodge and thanks for joining in this week. New England in general is so beautiful this time of year. We lived in the northeast for a lot of years and I miss the fall colors. We're on a lake in the south now and that's got a lot of appeal too : ) Thank you for your military service. My son-in-law is in the Army now and I am the daughter of a career Marine so those who serve and their families are near and dear to my heart. Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to go back up northeast again!! Thank you. It was an honor to have served and I thank every military service person out there!! I would have made it a career but it was just not meant to be. =)

      Delete
  3. I have so much respect for parents who chose to home school their children, enjoyed reading your post, and thank you for your service, my father served over twenty years!
    Thank you for sharing.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great answers. That frontier girls sounds fun. I homeschooled both our girls and we really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete