Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Tuesday 4

Welcome back to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4 where we put 4 questions up each week for you to ponder and answer. Then we hope you visit all the other participants too. so we can get to know one another better.

Let''s plan a lovely vacation through New England to see the Autumn leaves.. Money is no object and we have all the time we would like.

1. How many days and nights would you like to be away? At least two weeks. A week is just not enough time!

2. What kind of car would you like to take on this trip? Maybe you would enjoy the train? Would you sail up the coast in a yacht? More than likely it would be a rental car because we would probably fly in from Texas. As long as it's an SUV, I think we are good. A train sounds awesome and a yacht divine. I love being on the water!!

3. Would side trips be on your agenda? Perhaps to Mystic, Connecticut, Salem, Massachusetts, Plymouth, (yes, they spelled it with an "i" ) Massachusetts, Walden Pond, Lizzie Borden's home or maybe the home of Emily Dickenson, etc. I am sure side trips would be a definite! I could see myself venturing to some of these places, but not my daughter.

4. Lobster roll, chowders, boiled dinners, brown bread, baked beans, pancakes with real maple syrup, blueberry muffins, Parker House Rolls (well loved by Charles Dickens, Nathaniel Hawthorne, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, the Kennedy clan.), Toll House Cookies, Red Flannel Hash, Tourtiere pork pie, (Recipe here)— what native foods catch your attention? These foods mentioned have my mouth watering. Considering I am not from the north-east, I will just taste test what seems tasty. LOL.

Maybe one day we will be able to venture up north-east again. It's been a few years now, but I still miss being in Maine.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment