Sunday, January 8, 2023

Sunday Blessings

 


IN CHRIST ALONE

In Christ alone my hope is foundHe is my light, my strength, my songThis cornerstone, this solid groundFirm through the fiercest drought and stormWhat heights of love, what depths of peaceWhen fears are stilled, when strivings ceaseMy comforter, my all in allHere in the love of Christ I stand
 
In Christ alone who took on fleshFullness of God in helpless babeThis gift of love and righteousnessScorned by the ones He came to saveTill on that cross as Jesus diedThe wrath of God was satisfiedFor every sin on Him was laidHere in the death of Christ I live
 
There in the ground His body layLight of the world by darkness slainThen bursting forth in glorious dayUp from the grave He rose againAnd as He stands in victorySin's curse has lost its grip on meFor I am His and He is mineBought with the precious blood of Christ
 
No guilt in life, no fear in deathThis is the power of Christ in meFrom life's first cry to final breathJesus commands my destinyNo power of hell, no scheme of manCan ever pluck me from His handTill He returns or calls me homeHere in the power of Christ I'll stand
 
Songwriters: Keith Getty / Stuart Townend
 

No comments:

Post a Comment