Tuesday, June 27, 2023

A bad feeling

In two months, we have lost two tenured admins, who were also tenured routers. That leaves me being the only tenured router working with a new router who was just trained. 😐 I spent the first three days routing last week re-assigning primary and secondary workers and trying to get things organized and workers calmed down. Friday we had our admin meeting and went over all the expectations of our job duties. I am not routing this week so I spent the day re-working and revising the on call schedule. My outgoing backup admin was kind enough to make a rough draft of the schedule through December but so many changes have already had to be made. 😵 And I have yet to even change them in our system. Right now it's just on paper. My day has been busy busy! I was on the phone the last hour of my work day completing RMTS corrections and I worked 30 minutes extra just to get my building duty calendar and duty worker calendars out of the way. 
 
I found out yesterday morning that my other supervisor has to take emergency leave due to a death in the family and my actual supervisor has now extended her leave through July and her return date is August 1st. Holy 🐄!! That sends off all sorts of bad vibes and feelings! Why is she using all her accrued leave? 
 
And it looks like I have now been selected to train new admins with routing and making the on call schedules. Always, always read your job expectations!!! Especially the last one listed or in fine print. In my case, mine says "This list is not all inclusive and other duties may be assigned as needed." 
 
My job expectations and duties have just increased! 😆 Thank goodness we are getting a raise!!!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment