Monday, June 12, 2023

Cold air is nice

It's amazing how much easier it is to focus and process things when you are in a cool environment. LOL! After two days of being without AC, our tech finally sent out a crew and replaced our unit. I was so happy to hear that compressor kick on and then actually feel cool air. 😊 Honestly, so many of us do not even know what it feels like to go without and we forget that there are people out in the world that don't have central air or heat. They live this every day. And I did indeed feel like I was reliving a portion of my military days. 

I took a sick day from work today because I didn't sleep well last night and my arm is still hurting pretty badly. I probably should have taken the week to rest my arm, but I just feel bad taking that many days, especially when my supervisor is on leave and I have a couple of workers out sick. I watched my work phone blow up all day and I know I am walking back into utter chaos tomorrow but I needed extra hours of rest and needed cool air. One of my workers texted me earlier and I called her and had an hour conversation about what is going on and how the morale of our caseworkers are being tested. I feel for my caseworkers. Their job is not easy. Social work by its very self, is NOT easy. Not when you are dealing with kids. And not when you are dealing with adults and elders. I have already drafted three email to send out tomorrow morning in response to a few that I saw come through. We shall see what the morning brings. Right now, I think it's time for me to head upstairs and open my kindle! 💕

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you got that AC back, we're all so use to modern conveniences, but AC is a necessity! Good luck at work.

    ReplyDelete