Friday, June 16, 2023

It's been rough...

 

Oh my gosh, what a week! I haven't been doing a whole on my PC since it's been a bit hard to type one-handed. My gaming has been very limited since using the keys, W,A,S,D works my forearm muscles, just like typing does. LOL.

This week was our newest Tarrant county router's first week and let me tell you, my head hurt all week just watching. The case reviews are a complete mess and look nothing like the ones that I usually email to the workers. I am sure how she is copying and pasting, or what browser she is using, but everything is left-aligned and difficult to read. Some cases sat on the workload for almost an hour before being routed out and she was everywhere in the assignment log. I couldn't tell who was up next in rotation and some workers had up to three P1s when others didn't even have one for the week. My unit was slammed with P1s today, which prompted a call to me from one of the acting supervisors for my unit. 😐 One of my workers had called her in tears and she was absolutely dumbfounded as to the high number of cases for my workers when their caseloads are usually under 20. I have one worker over 30. Needless to say, this supervisor said she was going to call our PA and see if they can get a mental picture as to what is going on. And let's not even talk about communication. Oh my word! When we get requests for transfer cases or courtesy visits, all the routers are notified. Well, I happened to be the only one that got the email on a transfer case, so I added both of the other routers to it and mentioned I was not routing this week but another router. She never responded to any of the email that was sent back and forth about this transfer case that had accidentally been changed from the primary worker. I tried to call her, no answer. I even emailed her, no answer. The emails continued between the supervisors for almost 40 minutes, and I finally jumped in and made the correction myself, and then sent out an email saying the corrections had been made. Communication!!! And right now, me and this new router do NOT have any, and this is going to pose a major problem since it's only going to be me and her routing for the time being. Ugh!  😖 I wanted to pull my hair out! I feel for my supervisor. She literally took these weeks off to do a reset and she is walking back into absolute chaos.

And of course, today was Michelle's last day. She sent out a good-bye email and I sent her a reply back telling her that it was a pleasure working with her and thanking her for all the knowledge and training she provided me. I really am going to miss her. Michelle sent me a private email giving me her personal number, so I must have at least made some type of impact on her. LOL! Not sure who is going to be my back-up admin now. 

What a week!!! 😜


No comments:

Post a Comment