Friday, June 9, 2023

It's Friday!!

Best way to end the week after finding out we are losing another router, and my backup admin who is also our exploitation router. Her last day is June 16th, leaving me the most tenured Tarrant county router. 😭 First Kinna, and now Michelle.

About two weeks ago, I was pretty much on my way out the door to work and I grabbed my backpack and threw it up on my left shoulder, tweaking my arm and wrist. Yep that hurt and it kept hurting. A few days later I was going up the stairs to our kitchen and I lost my balance, causing me to slam into the wall. What did I do? I braced myself with my left hand sending a shooting pain through my forearm. Advil was helping, then not so much. Hubby pretty much said I needed to go have it looked at so I took off work early and did just that. After the doc tested my patience (yes, I thought about smacking him) twisting my wrist and arm this way and that, he mentioned severe strain and forearm tendonitis. Lovely. 😐 He put me on a high dose of steroids, a muscle relaxer that I more than likely will not take, and a topical gel for pain that I get to apply before velcro-ing my arm in this pretty little brace. I asked him how long to heal and he deadpans saying six weeks or longer. WTH!! 😕
 
My exact symptoms explained perfectly: With forearm tendonitis, there is irritation or inflammation of one or more of the forearm tendons, usually due to repetitive overuse or an injury. Common symptoms include an aching or burning pain in the forearm that gets worse with activities such as gripping or typing, and may be accompanied by weakness.



Now me and hubby can be profile buddies together! 😂

No comments:

Post a Comment