Saturday, July 15, 2023

Out with the old, in with the new...

For several weeks now we have been without an oven, and our household does a lot of cooking. 😁 I got online and started pricing ovens. Wow! I am sure all appliances have gone up over the years and our oven was 16 years old, just like the majority of our major appliances. But there was no way were could drop $1300.00 on a new oven in one drop, so we decided to give American Freight a go and we were approved.

My hubby and son were finally able to get the new oven up the stairs and installed and we had cornbread cooking within an hour. We traded out of Frigidaire for a Whirlpool. My hubby is over the moon with the new stove-top. It has a total of five burners, with an oval one in the center. It also came with the griddle.






We will be working on replacing our washer and dryer next. Our washer is giving us quite a bit of grief and not wanting to spin out the laundry. It keeps going off balance and it's so frustrating! The dryer is still not heating and we can only air dry. But since we have starlings in our dryer vent, I guess that is a good thing. LOL! Both appliances are 16 years old. Now, if only I can find a top loading dryer. If I can't, I sure am gonna miss the one I have had.


No comments:

Post a Comment