Monday, January 29, 2024

Crazy night

I had to take the day off work since I didn't get to bed well past 4 am. Last night disaster decided to slap us. 😕 The Hubby had headed up the street to the laundromat to dry our sheets and comforters, T and Skye were chilling in her room talking about Genshin, and I was just kicking back watching my show - BAM!!! I start hearing water. I look over and see water raining down all over our Christmas tree and ricocheting off our little fridge in the den. 😳 Then I hear it. GUSHING WATER! 💦 I sprinted up the stairs so fast and water is just saturating the carpet. I couldn't get the dang levers to twist to turn the water off and the steam was crazy since it was the hot water side. Of course by now the kids hear me screaming and probably cursing as I am running back down the stairs to grab my phone to call my hubby to tell him that he needs to get home now and I'm telling Tanner to follow me as I grab Sally and head out to try to turn the water off at the street. OMG!!! I was in a freaking panic because I had to literally dig the mud out of the water meter just to find my bar to turn. I guarantee my blood pressure was through the roof. Hubby made it back to the house. I got the water turned off just as hubby was racing into the driveway. Now the fun begins.

The upstairs laundry area flooded and leaked through the ceiling down into the den soaking the carpet here as well. My husband and son got the washer pulled out and inspected it, and the hot water hose completely snapped. It looks like the washer is headed out just like the dryer, and we will be headed to Roy's for a bit. Lord knows we can't afford to buy both a washer and dryer. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment