Sunday, December 20, 2020

Sunday Stealing - For Those that Celebrate Christmas

 Welcome to Sunday Stealing - hosted by Bev Sykes.



For Those That Celebrate Christmas #1

What’s your favorite thing about the holidays? Celebrating with family and having dinner.

Do you send out Christmas cards and if so how many do you send? I have sent out Christmas cards for over 20 years and I intend to keep doing it. 😊 We still receive a few cards every year. 

Be honest: holiday newsletters. Love ‘em or hate ‘em? I don't do them, but sometimes I enjoy reading them. My parents used to get a holiday newsletter from someone in our family that we had never even met. I guess after several years, you can say you know them. LOL!

Be honest: photo cards. Love ‘em or hate ‘em? I prefer an actual card, but I have sent out a couple. I always get photo cards from my nieces! I think the younger generations are more into this.

How soon do you start shopping? I always tell myself I am going to start earlier, and I never do! There have been a couple of times where I found a really good deal after Christmas, and kept it for a gift the following year. 

Real or fake tree? FAKE! I love the smell of pine, but I do not enjoy the dry needles in an indoor environment or the cleanup. 

When do you put up your tree? We usually put up our tree the week after Thanksgiving, but we got a bit sidetracked this year. LOL!

When do you take down your tree? Normally, about a week into January. Last year, our tree stayed up through March and I actually decorated it for St. Patrick's Day. 😂 

Describe your typical tree (size, decorations, type). Our tree is a slim 7ft pre-lit and usually decorated with rustic, vintage ornaments. I still have a few Christmas Coca Cola ornaments that my mom and I collected, and every year her Elvis ornament is put on the tree, too. I sure do miss my mom. 

What do you top your tree with? 


Do you put Christmas lights outside your house? Yep, every year! This year hubby constructed a couple of arches that we wrapped lights around and put the deer and sleigh under. We ran lights at the foundation of the house (we live in a pier and beam) since hubby cannot get up on the house any longer. We also have a cute little lantern post with two Christmas dogs sitting under it.

Is there a wreath hanging on your door? Yes! Tradition! 

Do you hang up stockings? This is another tradition that I carried on from my mom. My mom used to fill stockings for us every Christmas! I still do this even though my kids are longer kids!

Your favorite Christmas Movie(s). Every year we watch Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer, Frosty, and It's a Wonderful Life! 

Be honest: A Christmas movie you hate - Oh, there are quite a few of them out there and honestly, it would take too much time typing them. LOL!

Favorite Christmas Song(s) - Rudolph, Jingles Bells, Silent Night, I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas (it's still in the 60s here in Texas), Mary Did You Know, etc. Any classic Christmas song really.

Be honest: If I hear this/these Christmas songs again I will throw up - I do not really care for remixes, especially when these pop artists try to put their own spin on them. 

Give or Receive? I enjoy both! 😉

Eggnog or Mulled Cider? Eggnog. We get all of our dairy products from Braums and they actually have some tasty eggnog. Top it with a bit of cinnamon and a stick and we are good to go!

Ham or Turkey? By the time Thanksgiving ends, I am 
turkeyed out!  The last couple of years we have been having Christmas dinner with just me, the hubby, and our kiddos. We usually make a ham and all the fixns. In the past when we got together with hubby's side of the family, we all put together a huge Mexican spread. 



No comments:

Post a Comment