Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Tuesday 4

Welcome to Tuesday 4 (the legacy of Toni Taddeo kept in her honor and memory).
Thanks to Annie for today's four questions!


 A Merry Little Christmas

Christmas is fast approaching for millions of people...

1. Do you have a favorite Christmas carol and if so is there a particular version you especially like? The classics like Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer, Jingle Bells, We Wish You a Merry Christmas, etc.

2. Do you have a special dinner for the holidays? What foods are included? This really depends on who we are getting together with and things have changed drastically in the last few years. We will be celebrating at home this year (again) and having a spiral ham, homemade mac n cheese, veggies, dinner rolls, and definitely desserts, which will be including lemon meringue pie! 😋

3. Holiday movies ... which do you like to watch? I make it a habit to watch It's A Wonderful Life every year while wrapping gifts. I have been watching some really cute Christmas movies on Netflix here lately. Every year we watch Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer and Frosty. It's a Christmas favorite, especially for our daughter, who was born the day after Christmas.

4. What traditions do you continue to keep year after year for the holidays? I love history and tradition, so I have always tried to keep a few things going that I experienced during childhood. Mail out Christmas cards. Yes, I still buy stamps and mail out cards to family and friends. There is just something more personal about a card. Planning one evening to go look at Christmas lights. My parents always took us out to go view the abundant decorations. One in particular was this lake where my grandparents used to live. They always decorated with beautiful lights. We still drive over there. An Advent calendar countdown to Christmas Day. My daughter loves to change the date daily. Listen to Christmas music. While some of the newer versions are not extremely bad, I will always prefer the classics. Christmas stockings have always been a huge tradition and my mom didn't care how old we were. We still had a stocking every year. It was the first thing that I tore into Christmas morning. 🤗


Merry Christmas to you and yours!!! ðŸŽ„





2 comments:

  1. I use to play Zelda when it first came out on the Nintendo. Christmas traditions are so important! We have a Disney Calendar that the grands like to changed. Elf on the Shelf is the new tradition my kids do with their kids. I started Shepherd on the Search a couple of years ago. A spiral ham sounds good but most of my family can't eat port or won't. Did you use to have a country webhome? The background looks familiar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember Nintendo and Zelda! I still game a lot these days. Love, love traditions and you have some great ones. To answer your question, yes I did have a country webhome years ago and the background is from Helena at Graphic Garden. 🙂 After my computers tanked with all my stuff I had saved, I just didn't renew or make website. Gosh, those were the days back then! I was going through some CDs last year and came across a couple of discs where I had saved numerous graphics that I had purchased over the years. I decided to put together another website. It's not like the one I had, but it will do. LOL! I honestly think I remember your webhome from back in the day. Gosh, it has been years!!!

      Delete