Sunday, February 14, 2021

Sunday Stealing - Valentine's Day

  Welcome to Sunday Stealing - hosted by Bev Sykes.
Thanks for the questions each week Bev!!

Valentine's Day!
 

1. What is the meaning of Valentine’s Day in your country/area? What happens on this day? From a Pagan ritual to a huge commercialization of this day, I would say Valentine's Day has come a long, long way. It was not celebrated as a day of "love" until around the 14th century, and it wasn't until the late 1800's that the Valentine's Day card became a thing. What really happens on this day here in the US? LOL! People spend way too much money on flowers, cards, and romantic dinners!!

2. Is Valentine’s Day more for men or women? Explain your answer. I would definitely say women, and I have known some to believe themselves snubbed if they did not receive something on this day. 🌹💍 ✉️

3. Do you have any special plans for Valentine’s Day? What will you do? Years past, we have gone out to dinner at out favorite restaurant Edelweiss. Since Bernd had to sell due to health issues and he is no longer a part of the live band, it just isn't the same.  Now we just kick back at home with some Valentine's Day goodies. My hubby is not really into sweets and my kids are no longer little, but I still get candy, cards, and we play games.

4. Which traditional gift would you rather receive: chocolates, flowers, or a card with a personal message? Flowers! Get a bundle of wildflowers and I am good. 🌼

5. Is Valentine’s Day only about romantic love? Or is it a good occasion to celebrate friendship as well? Valentine's Day does not have to be about romance. I believe it can be about friendship and kindness too! In fact, on one of the Minecraft servers me and my kids play on just celebrated Love and Kindness Day! We played parkour, went on a scavenger hunt for Valentine's Day goodies, and took selfies! 🥰


6. Do you like romantic movies? What is your favorite romantic movie? I don't watch them that often, and I used to watch Hallmark all the time with my mom. Gosh, I miss her!! My favorite romantic movie is still Sleepless in Seattle.

7. Have you ever received a Valentine’s Day card or gift from a secret admirer? How did it make you feel? Nope. LOL.

8. Is Valentine’s Day the most romantic day of the year? If not, what day is? Well, according to just about any news worthy article you read, this day has to be one of the most money making days romanticized days of the year.

9. Valentine’s Day is promoted by companies whose only interest is making money. Discuss whether you agree or disagree. Oh, I definitely 100% agree with that one. Companies have commercialized just about every holiday we celebrate because of money and greed. 💰

10. Describe your perfect Valentine’s Day date. A nice, quiet dinner out. I definitely enjoy low-key these days. 🥂

11. How should a single person spend Valentine’s Day? What do you suggest? Grab some dinner, beverages of choice, a few awesome movies and just chill!

12. Do you enjoy playing cupid? Do you try to introduce people in the hope they will make a love match? Nope. I have never been the match-maker type.

13. Some restaurants charge higher prices on Valentine’s Day. Are you willing to pay more to dine out on this day? I honestly don't care about paying a bit more in price, especially for awesome food. It's the over-crowded restaurants that I just don't care for anymore.

14. Is a romantic gesture more powerful on Valentine’s Day or on another day of the year? I don't think so. 

😍 Happy Heart's Day!!!

 

 

1 comment:

  1. "Sleepless in Seattle" is probably my second favorite romantic movie, with "Affair to Remember" being #1

    ReplyDelete