Wednesday, March 16, 2022

I'm such a Slacker!!

Yeah, I know. I keep saying I am going to get on here and post, but LIFE just keeps getting in the way. LOL! We have been going through things in this house and getting stuff together to send off to Goodwill. I ordered new glassware and dishes and I am redoing a few things in the kitchen. I want new curtains, too, but I have yet to find any that are appealing to me. I told the hubby that we have to start gearing up to file for bankruptcy, start looking into another vehicle, and figure out what we are going to do as far as our living here goes.

We have been in this house renting and paying some type of lease here for almost 15 years. It doesn't seem like that long but the years have gone by fast. This is the only home our daughter really remembers and it makes her so sad to speak of having to move. But we cannot stay here if this house is not going to be ours. I am angered that I have actually put this off for so long but our finances have never been in good standing and my husband's mom didn't want us to move. But if something happens to her, we will be forced out by the bank because I know we will never qualify to finance this house. I still can't believe this house has over $90,000 still owed!!! That is crazy!!! It should have been paid off years ago. The bones of this house may be stable, but the plumbing is shot, many of the interior walls need new rock, new texture, and a new coat of paint. Both bathrooms are in major need of being repaired and finished. All stuff that my wonderful husband used to be able to do himself, but can no longer do because of the numerous surgeries and TBI. So much work needs to be done on this house and it's not even paid off!! LOL!

I honestly just want to pack up and move. My husband says it would be stupid to take on a mortgage at our age. But I honestly don't care. I will be working for the next 20 years unless something happens to me. I don't want to rent or lease. I don't want limitations on what you can and cannot do to a property. We also have three cats and a dog. So many do not even allow pets and I am not giving up my animals. They are family!

2 comments: