Sunday, March 13, 2022

Thinking of my MOM

Over the years I had tried really hard to get over the bitterness I have built up about having my mom change her will at the last moment. I honestly don't think I will ever forgive myself for doing that. I put my siblings arguments and jealousy over my family and in doing so, lost a house which was rightfully mine. Both my siblings have beautiful brick homes in lovely areas of town, and I just don't understand how a little 4 bedroom wood clapboard house that was not even worth $80,000, had to come between us.

Almost 15 years later, my family still does not have a home that we will own. Between surgery after surgery, paying off child support, a traumatic brain injury, loss of family, hubby having to medically retire, this crazy pandemic, and fighting for SSDI, it just hasn't been a priority. I finally found a full-time job and we are now looking at filing for bankruptcy.

My mother's Birthday was this week. Happy Birthday MOM!! 🎂 She would have been 79 years old. Thinking about her and the look on her face when I asked her to change her will brings back so many unpleasant memories of what followed. My one regret is not putting my foot down and telling my siblings to back the hell off. It changed nothing. I miss my mom.

1 comment: