Friday, April 14, 2023

111 years ago

On April 10, 1912, the RMS Titanic began its maiden voyage, leaving Southampton, England. Four days into her journey, the luxury liner sank just hours after colliding with an iceberg. Over 1500 souls were lost this fateful night, and the TITANIC remains one of the worst maritime disasters.

TITANIC has always been my favorite ocean liner and when James Cameron's movie hit theaters in 1997, it catapulted Kate Winslet and Leo DiCaprio, as well as this ship to fame, bringing her back from the depths of the ocean, never to be forgotten. I made a tribute to this beautiful ocean liner on my website a few years ago aptly titled - Leaving Port. Of course, JC's movie is depicted because it also became one of my favorite movies, not just about the ship, but the story of Jack and Rose as well. I am a sucker for a good romance. LOL

As a MINECRAFT player, I was ecstatic when I came across this build by ChronosDarth. He did a fantastic job recreating this ship in MINECRAFT.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment